After a while using HPOV over a slow network the application may freezes when I try to perform any action that spawnes a new window (eg: ‘Closure Code’).
The cure is to re-install, but its not too difficult.
1) take copies of srv.DAT and Views.DAT from ‘C:Documents and Settingsrichard smithApplication DataHewlett-PackardOpenViewService Desk’
2) delete the folder ‘C:Documents and Settingsrichard smithApplication DataHewlett-PackardOpenViewService Desk’.
3) start up hpov and click ‘next’ within the connection wizard
4) paste the server name from srv.DAT (eg: ’nta-hpsd02.steria.co.uk:30999′), into the text-box.
5) type name and password (eg: ‘Richard Smith’, ‘password’).
6) type anything for the friendly name (eg: ‘hpov’), then click finish.
7) before loging-in copy the Views.DAT back into the folder deleted in step-2
8) login as normal (there will be an unusually long delay first time)