--1of2 -- convert delphi datetime to sql -- input a delphi float for conversion declare @input float = 41492.9039269676 -- <<<<<<<<<<< user input -- seperate the date-part declare @date int = @input -- seperate the time-part declare @time float = (@input - @date) -- display results select @input 'delphi', cast(dateadd(dd, @date, '1899-12-30 00:00:00') + @time as datetime) [sql] --2of2 -- convert sql datetime to delphi -- input the sql datetime for conversion declare @input2 datetime = '2013-08-06 21:41:39.290' -- <<<<<<<<<<<< user input -- display results select @input2 [sql], cast(@input2 as float)+2 'delphi'
After a re-boot I noticed the message “Cannot use Large Page Extensions: lock memory privilege was not granted.”
To fix this I remoted onto the SQL2008r2 Enterprise Edition server and ran “gpedit.msc”.
Within the tree I navigated to / Computer Configuration / Windows Settings / Security settings / Local Policies / Use Rights ~ / Lock Pages in Memory.
And added the account used to start the SQL Server Service.
To optimize the Max-Server-Memory in a SQL2008r2 production-cluster running on Windows 2008r2 with 32GB of memory, I started PerfMon on the server and monitored Memory/available bytes.
I slowly increased the Max-server-Memory until at 30GB the Available-Bytes dipped below 300MB then reduced it a tad to 29GB.
I set Min-Server-Memory 2GB lower at 27GB.
The wait type CXPACKET is no biggie. Its the time spend re-assembling the results from parallel queries.
You can change the parameter ‘Max Degree of Parallelism’, to however many cores your big-queries should be shared among. Best practice is the number of core’s in a single numa (max 8).
You can also change the ‘Cost Threshold for Parallelism’ to set the trigger level for big-queries. The default (‘5’) is usually a bit low.
Many people are too precious about scripts. Here’s my simple GUI-based method for removing unwanted datafiles.
1a) fire up the shrink gui (tasks / shink / files)
1b) locate your target datafile
1c) run the 3 ‘shrink actions’ in order, one at a time (2nd one to ‘1’)
2a) Fire up the Database properies files tab
2b) highlight the unwanted datafile, click ‘remove’, and then ‘ok’