Finance wanted to export their reports into spread sheets but the company Logo and report Title were messing up the rendering.
To fix this I amended the SQL Server 2012 SSRS config file (called “rsreportserver.config“) after taking a copy.
The location of the config file was …
C:\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS11.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer
I commented out the line … (please note: I have replaced the greater-than and less-than symbols with square brackets. WordPress does not like those symbols in posts)
[Extension Name="EXCELOPENXML" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ExcelOpenXmlRenderer.ExcelOpenXmlRenderer,Microsoft.ReportingServices.ExcelRendering"/]
… and replaced it with these 7 lines …
[Extension Name="EXCELOPENXML" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ExcelOpenXmlRenderer.ExcelOpenXmlRenderer,Microsoft.ReportingServices.ExcelRendering"] [Configuration] [DeviceInfo] [SimplePageHeaders]True[/SimplePageHeaders] [/DeviceInfo] [/Configuration] [/Extension]
To use this, I moved the report Logo and Title into a heading-block within the reports.
** UPDATE **
On another occasion I was unable to make this global change and resorted to making changes within individual reports.
The method was to right-click on the items to be hidden, choose properties, then Visibility. I pasted this expression into the appropriate box …
=IIF(Globals!RenderFormat.Name = "EXCELOPENXML", True, False)